Saturday, November 23, 2013

Something Healthy: Bok Choy-Mushroom Stir Fry!!

This morning I woke up with an upset stomach and for this reason, I wanted to eat something light and healthy for lunch. Healthy does not sound yummy right? Well that is not always the case. The food that I ate for lunch was both good for my stomach as well as for my taste buds. Bok Choy-Mushroom Stir Fry is the dish that I often prepare whenever I feel eating light. It is so delicious and easy to make. So, below is the recipe for  you all to try :)


Yumtastic :)













Prep time: 5min(s) Cook time: 10min(s) Total time: 15min(s) 

Things you will need:



  • Bok Choy (Chinese Cabbage): 1 and 1/2 lb. (Bok Choy can be substituted with any greens. Spinach will be best one in my opinion)
  • Ginger-Garlic Paste: 1 table spoon
  • Green Chilies (whole, 2-3)
  • Mushroom (1 can; any kind will be fine)
  • Oil (2 table spoons)
  • Salt (according to the taste)
  • Soy Sauce (1 table spoon)
Directions:
  1. Wash Bok Choy thoroughly. Heat oil and add ginger-garlic paste and soy sauce and  fry it until golden brown.
  2. Add mushroom and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes. 
  3. Add Bok Choy and chilies and cook it on a high heat for 7 minutes or so. Make sure not to over cook it.
  4. Done. Simple as that :D Enjoy it with plain white rice.