Monday, August 18, 2014

Easy Cabbage Potato Salad (Achar) Recipe!!

I do not like Mondays at all!! I feel tired and am still in the weekend mood. Today, I was so tired that I literally ate Cabbage Potato Salad (Achar) combined with beaten rice. Hungry and exhausted me ate every bit of it. Writing recipes has helped me to eat well otherwise on days like today, I would have just gone straight to bed and forget about the dinner. Most of you in my opinion are already familiar with this recipe and if not here you go guys, have fun :)









Prep time: 10mins(s) Cook time: 5min(s) Total time: 15min(s) 

Things you will need:

  • Cabbage (half of a small size, finely chopped)
  • Potato (2 medium sized, boiled, peeled and cut in cube sizes)
  • Sesame Powder ( if seeds: roasted and grounded to a fine powder)
  • Turmeric Powder (2 tea spoons)
  • Red chili Powder (1 table spoon)
  • Onion (1 small, finely sliced)
  • Serrano Pepper/Green Chilies (1-3, finely chopped)
  • Salt (according to taste)
  • Oil (4 table spoons)
  • Fenugreek seeds (1 tea spoon)
  • Lime Juice (3 table spoons)
  • Water (1/2 cup)
Directions:
  1. On a large bowl, place all of the mentioned ingredients except fenugreek seeds, oil and lime juice.
  2. Heat pan and add oil. Add fenugreek seeds and fry until brownish black.
  3. Pour over the mixture in the bowl. 
  4. Add lime juice, water and mix everything well.
  5. Done!! Enjoy with rice, bread or beaten rice :)