Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Asparagus Mushroom Curry Recipe!!

Now a days I have been experimenting various recipes :) As I play with different ingredients, I get to know so many ways treat them. Regular Nepali dishes mainly focuses on curries and my main focus these days is to mix complex ingredients and make a course out of it. The complexity in the recipe of today's blog post is Mushroom and Asparagus. I have in the past made separate curries out of these vegetables but have never combined to form a dish. Today, I tried and I am glad I did. The outcome was super and I will definitely make this curry often in future. Here you go guys, enjoy :D
Yum Yum Yum :x






Prep time: 10 min(s) Cook time: 10 min(s) Total time: 20 min(s)

Things you will need:
  • Asparagus (a bunch, cleaned, chopped 2 inches)
  • Mushrooms (Any, I used portobello, one small packet or 3 cups)
  • Onion (1 small, finely sliced)
  • Tomatoes (2 small, finely chopped)
  • Serrano Pepper (2 sliced)
  • Turmeric Powder (1 tea spoon)
  • Cumin-Coriander Powder (1 table spoon)
  • Ginger-garlic paste (1 table spoon)
  • Oil (3 table spoons)
  • Cumin seeds (1 tea spoon)
  • Fenugreek seeds (1 tea spoon)
  • Salt (according to taste)
  • Water (3 cups)
Directions:
  1. Heat oil. Add cumin and fenugreek seeds. Fry until brownish black.
  2. Fry onion and Serrano pepper until golden brown.
  3. Add asparagus, mushroom, salt and turmeric. Stir, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
  4. Add tomato, cumin-coriander powder, and ginger garlic paste. On a medium heat stir, cover and cook for 3 minutes. 
  5. Add water, stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
  6. DONE!! Serve with rice or bread. Simple as that :)