Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Thai Inspired Noodle Soup Recipe (Vegetarian)!!

Thai cuisine is one of my favorites when it comes to Asian food. It is the spices they include in their dishes that attracts me the most. I love basil and the flavor it gives to various dishes. I sometimes incorporate basil in Nepali dishes as well and love the aroma it leaves. Today, I wanted something light but at the same time I was super hungry. So, I thought about cooking something Thai inspired and as I was experimenting, I ended up creating this super delicious soup. So, here you guys, super easy and healthy "Thai Inspired" soup recipe for you all to try :)
Yum..... :)

Prep time: 5min(s) Cook time:10min(s) Total time: 15min(s)  

Things you will need:
  1. Spaghetti (2 cups, boiled, washed)
  2. Mixed Vegetables (Any kind, 3 cups) 
  3. Onion (1 small, finely chopped)
  4. Garlic (3-4 cloves, finely sliced)
  5. Basil (2 table spoons)
  6. Butter (2 table spoons)
  7. Seasoning Salt/ Regular salt (according to taste)
  8. Chili Paste (2 table spoons)
  9. Coconut Milk (2 cups)
  10. Tomato (1 small, finely chopped)
  11. Shredded Cheese (1 cup)
  12. Soy Sauce (2 table spoons)
  13. Water (3 cups)
Directions:
  • Heat Butter. Add garlic, onion and basil. Fry until golden brown.
  • Add mixed vegetables, salt, chili paste, and soy sauce. Stir and cook on a high heat for 2 minutes.
  • Add coconut milk, water, and spaghetti. Stir and cook on a heat between medium and high for 5 minutes.
  • Turn off the gas and add cheese. Stir once.
  • Done!! Simple as that and extremely delicious :D